What Grandinote Warranty Covers
This warranty covers defects in material and workmanship for products purchased from Grandinote or its authorized dealers or agents. In the event your product fails, your sole remedy under this limited warranty shall be to return the product to Grandinote or an authorized Grandinote repair center. At the option of Grandinote, the product will be repaired without charge for parts or labor, replaced, or the purchase price refunded through the original point of purchase.
You are responsible to pay for the safe and proper shipment of the warrantied product to Grandinote or its authorized repair center. Under this limited warranty, Grandinote or its authorized repair center will pay the cost of returning the repaired or replacement product to you.
What Grandinote Warranty Does Not Cover
This warranty does not cover damage due to:
- Accidents, carelessness, improper transportation, misuse, neglect, or abuse
- Failure to follow the operating instructions that are provided by Grandinote in the Owner's Reference Manual (available for download at www.grandinote.it)
- Use in any manner inconsistent with Grandinote's operating instructions (available for download at www.grandinote.it)
- Lack of routine maintenance
- Connection to an improper voltage supply
- Alterations or modification to the unit
- Improper or unauthorized repair, including repairs not authorized by Grandinote or a Grandinote authorized repair center
- Fire, lightning, flood, "Acts of God", or other contingencies beyond the control of Grandinote
- Products purchased through an unauthorized source (if you have questions as to whether or not a dealer is authorized, please contact customer support at www.grandinote.it)
- Products with a factory-applied serial number that has in any way been altered, defaced or removed
Limitations Under This Warranty
In no event will Grandinote's liability to you exceed the original purchase price of your unit. This warranty does not cover the cost of custom installation, customer instruction, setup adjustments, or signal reception problems. Consequential and incidental damages are not covered under this warranty. However, some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In the event that your warrantied product cannot be repaired, Grandinote will either replace or refund the cost of the unit. We reserve the right to replace any out-of-stock, discontinued, or limited edition products with a comparable product. Discontinued products may not be available for warranty replacement.
Changes To Our Products
Grandinote reserves the right to modify the design of any product without obligation to purchasers of previously manufactured products, and to change the prices or specifications of any products without notice or obligation to any person.
Obtaining an RMA Number
In order to receive warranty service, you must first obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number prior to returning any item. Please contact Grandinote or an authorized Grandinote repair center to receive an RMA number. The RMA number must be on all returned items. If it is not clearly marked, Grandinote will return the package back to you, freight collect.
Packaging and Shipping
The original packaging should be used for the safe transit of your Grandinote unit to the repair center. If you do not have the original packaging, Grandinote can sell and ship replacement packaging to you. You are responsible for the cost of shipping the product to a Grandinote authorized repair center. You should insure the product for its full retail cost in the event it gets lost or damaged in transit. Grandinote is not responsible for damage incurred during the transit of products sent to us. Shipping your product in non-Grandinote packaging may void this warranty. Grandinote reserves the right to charge you for new factory packaging to return your product after a repair.
International Warranty Service
Grandinote has authorized distribution in many countries of the world. In each country, the authorized importing distributor has accepted the responsibility for warranty of the products sold by that distributor. Warranty service should be obtained where the product was purchased.